The department within the limits of its competence implements the goals and tasks set for the implementation of the following functions:
- works out plans of legal acts regulating the railway transport activity, the RA social-economic development project divisions related to the railway transport sphere.
- participates in the investment process of the state projects of passengers and goods transportation, concepts of their joint system organization and plans of legal acts regulating that activity.
- implements, within the limits of the ministry's competence, cooperation with the local self-government bodies in the railway transport sphere, organization of registering railway incidents, accidents, staff investigations and works for developing accident preventing measures.
- implements functions assigned by the concession agreement signed between the Republic of Armenia, "South Caucasus Railway" CJSC and "Russian railways" OJSC on February 13 2008 about concession of the "Armenian Railway System to the "South Caucasus Railway" CJSC set up by the "Russian Railways" OJSC.
- participates in the preparation, signing of the international contracts (agreements) of the Republic of Armenia and also works of commitment implementation taken over by the RA, submits analysis of railway transportation, statistical reports and relevant proposals in accordance with the terms and requirements of the RA laws and legal acts.
Head of Department: Arsen Mkrtchyan
Tel: +374(10) 59-00-58